Essential Services Accommodation at Glenda's Guest Suites during COVID-19
Like many other businesses, Covid19 has played havoc with our usual corporate, equestrian and leisure business. We at Glenda’s Guest Suites, do however, never give up and are pleased to advise that we have received our certification to offer specialised accommodation during lockdown.
We can now comfortably offer to host the following categories of people:
- Relocations: People waiting to move into their new homes who are unable to access their properties for whatever reason (Min stay 2 weeks)
- Senior Citizens: People over the age of 55 who require somewhere safe and comfortable to isolate. This may be Gran(dad) / Gogo that needs to be kept away from other family members or from the area in which he/she usually lives. We have several older folks on lockdown with us and the environment is ideal for them (Min stay 2 weeks)
- Essential Service workers: For those that have to isolate themselves from family / friends but their home is too small / not suitable / not convenient to their place of work (No min stay provided we receive all of the necessary legal documentation for essential service workers. Being in a secured estate no-one is permitted to enter the estate without this documentation)
- Any able-bodied persons who just needs somewhere tranquil and peaceful to lock themselves down while chaos reigns out in the big wide world. (Min stay 2 weeks).
What we offer is the following:
- Highly discounted rates for stays of over 2 weeks, amounting to between a 40 - 70% reduction on normal overnight rates, depending on the rooms selected
- We have individual units ranging from 2 bedroomed cottages to small bedsitters. Costs of the units is based on its size
- Each unit has its own private entrance off the garden
- You have your own parking bay and patio a private patio outside your room
- Rooms are serviced daily to ensure your safety and cleanliness and all the necessary sanitisation is done in all rooms. Rooms are fumigated after each stay with a product known to be effective in killing bacteria and virus’s
- Staff live on the property or close by and none use public transport, hence the risk of infections is well managed.
- All our units are fully furnished, fully equipped, and supplied with Wi-Fi and TV.
- You can prepare all your own meals and all units have crockery, cutlery, fridges, microwave, kettles and toaster, but not all rooms have full kitchens. Induction cookers are available for units without stives. You are welcome to bring your own favourite appliances such as airfryers and slow cookers. If you prefer, we have chefs onsite and can offer delicious breakfasts and dinners (lunch too if necessary). Meals can be served in the common dining hall under very strict social distancing conditions or else eat in the comfort of your room
- We have a total of 9 units, 1 on the property next to us, and the remainder on a full hectare of gorgeous garden. Lots of space to explore and hide away and lots of beautiful private spaces to hunker down and read a book, listen to the birds or just contemplate life’s beauty
- We have a large lapa area with several braai areas for you to utilise.
- We have a fully equipped home gym to make sure you stay healthy and get your exercise.
- Beaulieu is a secured estate, so enjoying your walk, run or cycle (at permitted times) is guaranteed in a safe, tranquil and beautiful area. We have mapped out routes for you from 2,7 to 10 km so you don’t get lost
- We have an association with an amazing palliative care Medical Company that has doctors and sisters on call that can visit you at your unit to attend to any emergencies, should they arise
- Grocery shops and other essential services shops are a mere 3-4 km away. A Covid19 Testing station is also close by
- For the elderly that are nervous about doing their own shopping we can shop for you and deliver your groceries to your door
- We have backup power, water and gas so we are equipped to handle most eventualities
- All staff and guests will be monitored regularly to ensure they are all healthy. On initial arrival all guests will be treated as if in full lockdown for a period of 2 weeks before they will be allowed to interact with other guests. After that period of time, and if you so choose, you can be introduced to your neighbours as long as strict social distancing protocol is followed at all times
We are NOT able to assist the following:
- People already infected with Covid19 or who knowingly have been exposed to the virus. We have several senior citizens on the property and cannot afford any unnecessary exposure for them
- People requiring frail care or those suffering from Dimentia or any other chronic illness that requires specialised medical care
- Fun or romantic get-aways. We follow the rules as set down by the country for our sector and no-one without the correct legal documentation will be able to access the estate or the venue